Monday, November 21, 2011

Preparing for home study

We have one more class on Dec 3rd and the Saturday classes will be finished! And our home study is scheduled for Dec 9th. We did find out our area 1 caseworker is resigning tomorrow. Hopefully this will not be a major setback for us. We have to start working with someone from DHS who we don't know at all and doesn't know us now. But before that happens we have to pass the home study and get through the final class. In preparation for the home study I now have the safest home in the world. (ridiculously so) As per DHS policy my kitchen knives are locked up, medications are locked up, my deer are getting a combination lock put on their pen, my cleaning supplies are locked up, LOL I am a bit surprised my kids don't have to be locked up! And in addition to that we now have a chore chart, house rules, fire/tornado plan, and emergency numbers posted all over the walls! Fire extinguishers and smoke detectors are good to go.... Now assuming I have time to actually clean my house again, and Lee has time to clean the garage again, I think we are as ready as we can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment