Monday, November 7, 2011

TURNING 95!

This weekend was largely spent preparing for and celebrating my grandma's 95th birthday! 
Things I've learned about living to be 95:

1- your grandchildren can do no wrong.....great grandchildren even less than that!
2- you prefer vegetables to cake
3-you have the unique ability to say random things to people that should (if said by anyone else) be offensive , but from you they are neither intended to be, or taken as offensive.
A-asking people at wal-mart where to find the nigger-toes (chocolate candy)
B--yelling at the guy stocking potatoe chips cause he is obviously putting them out of your reach on purpose
4-if your heater stops working you have no problem calling your son in Oklahoma ,who was the last one to mess with it, at 5 am.....(he then in turn calls your granddaughter in kingston LOL)
5- you love visits from other people and their pets, but nothing is gonna compare with your cat (and you didn't even used to be a cat person)

My grandma had a huge part in raising us, as she lived next door our whole childhood. She was always the favorite babysitter, cook, nurse, and problem solver growing up. I owe her more than I could ever repay and it's because of this I don't mind 5 am phone calls to help her, or taking her shopping and watch her yell at the chip stocker. I pretend to like vegetables too when I'm over there! I know that to her nigger-toes will always be chocolate creme drops and she is in no way a racist. And her cat really is quite great!

1 comment:

  1. :) This ALMOST made me cry. Only was able to control myself b/c I'm at work. :)

    Geez... pregnancy hormones...

    Love you sister. We really do have the best gramma ever.

    ReplyDelete