Thursday, February 23, 2012

ER = extremely rude?

Well Samantha has had only minor episodes for 2 days now, so I am thankful for that. After Monday nights trip to the ER ,because she had an episode at the top of stairs and fell to the bottom, I needed a break! Hopefully she continues to get better and we get some answers soon as to what exactly is going on with her. Because we have testing Monday and an appointment for results March 6th , I have moved back our final walk-thru for foster care to March 19th. My hope is by then we will have some answers on Samantha, and know what we are dealing with. Until we know what we are dealing with I don't think there is any way I could possibly take on raising another child. Trying to stay optimistic (a challenge for me).
Not at all impressed with ER doctors right now. Monday night we walked into the ER and she was so "out of it" they rushed her back to trauma immediately. I was hoping they would do an MRI  cause they had already done a CT scan and it showed nothing the previous time. The Dr refused. I argued with him , but ultimately he won. They did some bloodwork, waited for her to "come around" and sent us home. Now it's not that they don't have an MRI in the ER. They do. They simply refused to use it, even at a parents request, stating it was only for patients who had had a stroke. When we arrived at the ER she could not talk, or stand alone, she was shaking, tears and drool all over her face, and they concede no MRI is necessary, repeated bloodwork which has always been normal, and sent us home. I hope they don't mind when I get as excited about paying their bill as they got about helping my child!

3 comments:

  1. I have been praying for you guys. I couldn't imagine anything more scary than having something wrong with your baby and feeling completely helpless. I hope you guys get some answers soon!

    And, I hate the ER too! They all seem so incompetent!

    ReplyDelete