Saturday, March 10, 2012

The BABY shower!!!!!

I have learned several things while preparing a baby shower for my sister. I had a lot of fun planning it , so I am passing on my new knowledge to all of you readers out there. Yes all 3 of you ! LOL 
#1- Ducks can float in water-colored punch (although not constantly upright!) So if you do one of these watch for occasional drowning duckies!
#2 Ducks fit on a cake nicely too.(they stayed upright here!) And for those of you who assume I had the talent to make this cake...I did not...It's a Harps! Of course don't expect Harps to have it done on time or anything.......but thats another story!
#3 Ducks can even fit right in a diaper cake! (Thank to April for this one)
 #4- If life throws a curve at you in the middle of the planning...friends and family show up to help make it all happen! (Again, Thanks April, and thanks mom too)
#5- If you plan a baby shower from 2:00-5:00, but find you're done at 3:45 and everyones started leaving...you should still expect a 4:00 to 4:30  crowd ! LOL ....My apologies to the after 4:00 people for having locked the doors, but I did enjoy our visit outside!
#6--if you have the party at Carroll electric..you WILL sweep, mop, take out the trash, and clean windows and doors before leaving if you want your deposit back! And if someone leaves prints on the glass door 3 separate times after they were cleaned ...you clean them again!  This is the point I am glad I had children, as they came in very handy for #6. 
#7-- The amount of help (with the party), support (for my sister), and welcoming excitement (for baby Braden) makes it so worth it!!!!
And just in case my sister kills me for posting that last picture, know that I love you all!!!!! And thanks for reading! (and by the way sis you're so cute pregnant!)


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a great time! I've seen that punch before and wondered if the duckies would stay upright, thanks to #1 I now have my answer. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Glad I could help...waiting for details of your baby shower!!!

      Delete
  2. I had a great time at the shower! #5 was a little crazy, but I guess it was expected LOL. And a big THANK YOU for letting me rock your baby to sleep, I could just take her home with me, but I don't think Sierra let her out of sight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You're welcome. The girls didn't let her outta their sight the whole weekend we had her! I think you need a little girl!

      Delete
  3. So much fun sister! I think Baby B's house is finally ready for him! Can't wait till you can hold your little nephew!

    ReplyDelete