Tuesday, March 20, 2012

EXCITING TIMES!!!!!

 In preparation for the lady from DHS to come and approve our house for foster care , I once again cleaned everything to the extreme! I locked down anything sharp or remotely toxic. I cleaned out the deer pen and chicken coop, Scrubbed everything that can be scrubbed in the house, got laundry caught up, kitchen clean, and then i cooked dinner, and then I cleaned the kitchen all over again, swept, mopped, vacuumed etc.
Well the DHS lady showed up yesterday and officially opened our home for foster children.  She didn't look at the animals at all, she took a quick walk around the house and handed us a binder. Now instead of impatiently waiting to be open, I am impatiently waiting for a phone call to accept a child. Did I mention patience is not my strong suit? 
Nonetheless we have a lot to be excited about in the very near future.
#1---hopefully we will be adding a foster child to our family very soon
#2--My nephew Braden is about ready to be born! 
Waiting for both calls any day now!!!!! 
Anyone care to guess which call I get first?
 

2 comments:

  1. How about the calls come simultaneously? And maybe like Thursday or Friday? :) congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Fort is probably right. You'll get the call that they're bringing you a foster child, and while you're waiting for them to show up with him, you'll get that call that Braden is coming. This could be a problem since DHS doesn't seem to move very fast and Braden seems to be in an all fired hurry. :)

    ReplyDelete