Tuesday, January 17, 2012

foster update

Time for an update on the foster care situation.  We have had so much stress come our way since the decision we made to become foster parents, that we wonder about being under spiritual attack. Between trucking laws becoming more ridiculous all the time, finances being affected because shipping rates are lower, and the mystery illnesses of Samantha these last couple of months, it's starting to get a little discouraging! However we have NOT given up on the whole process. Not yet. Perhaps we thought about it for a moment. But Lee seems to be strong when I am weak and vice versa. No question God put us together as a couple, so we are trusting God to open our home for foster care, heal our child, and make sure the trucking company does fine too. I got an email from Cristal (our teacher in foster care classes) and after asking a few more questions (I guess the half a day she spent here wasn't enough) , she finally said our assessment was done and forwarded on to the next step in the process. Now we wait to hear from Washington county DHS and schedule our final walk-thru and paperwork training. In the meantime Lee and Haley plan to get their physicals Friday and Sam, Sierra , and I got ours last Friday. We all have a TB test scheduled next week and then we will be done with medical requirements. I was a little worried Samantha would not pass , but the Dr. assured me they were just looking to make sure she was not someone who would be harmful to or contagious to a foster child, so she passed. I have also started the very fun process of shopping for clothes for a boy! Now we don't know what size he's gonna be yet, so mostly I have been buying at thrift stores and ebay. But I have a start on closet stocking with various items from size 18 months to size 12.
This will be the foster closet

and OK admittedly I have a little work to do in the socks and underwear department but those are not things I will buy used!

So that's our update for now. And I will very excitedly post when we get the call from DHS that we can finish and open! In the meantime please pray for our family, foster children, and buisness. 
Thank you !

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that things are progressing, even if it is a little slower than you would like. :)

    ReplyDelete