Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Well originally this blog was intended to write about, and share our journey to foster care and possible adoption. However, with it being the new year, and time to make changes and all, and also with things happening sooooooooo slowly on the foster care front, I have decided to make it a weekly blog of our life! Of course it will still include all foster care updates, but I won't have to wait 6 months between happenings to post stuff!
 First some highlights from 2011:
1-We are now the parents of  12, 14, and 15 year old girls. They are all growing up way too fast for my liking. We are now discussing such things as which college they want to attend and what future career path they should be on.  
Good thing I had these kids young or I would really be feeling old right now!!!
2- We adopted Otto , the best puppy ever created, and continue to love Sadie (the grouchy dog), Scooter (the snuggler), and Munchkin (the watchdog)
3-We gave a home to 3 orphan deer. One of which we lost due to internal blockages (RIP Dolar). That was probably the saddest thing that happened in 2011.
On a brighter note Reno and Janie are very healthy and thriving. (And we now know what supplements to give them to prevent blockages).
4-We continue to run Porter Trucking and I feel like we have finally found some pretty good drivers, while we are not getting rich, we are making a decent living and I get to work at home still!!!! (HUGE plus!)
5-My sister FINALLY announced she is expecting her first baby!!! (EXCITING) And it's a boy! And I cannot wait to hold him and spoil him! 
6-My husband continues to be the most amazing man I know, with whom I am happy to share this journey called life.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!
And for the days events...Working on getting Reno to walk on a leash!
 All leashed up and ready to go. Love him.
 Little wild Janie deer. She refuses to walk on a leash. REFUSES.
 Reno is getting pretty good at his walks. I'm very proud. (We've only been at this for about 9 months!)
I don't know what this is. But Reno found it on our walk thru the yard and apparently it's YUMMY!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Yea, more frequent post!! Hope you all have a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are going to post more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, #1 ALMOST made me cry at work... took some strength to hold that one back :) Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete